Saturday, February 2, 2013

My life is filled with many humorous moments.  I don't live a day where I don't have a humbling moment.  I'm thankful for those moments that fill my heart with gladness knowing that I can just be myself.  I can't wait to tell my children one day of our how their mommy embarrassed herself numerous times when I feel like this guy:


So, while studying in our commons, I came into my room that was filled with giggly roommates.  They had formed the idea of going on a hall-date with the guys of our choice.  Red flag.  

For those who know me well, its not in my general genetic makeup to ask guys on dates.  I start feeling queasy, and run away.  

So, I had to ask someone. I thought of one and decided to be brave and ask!  

Well, I did more than ask.  It was pretty crazy.  Driving back from church we were dropping my guys roommate off, so my friend said, "Hey, Bethany, ask your guy now.  It's perfect!"  My stomach felt instantly sick.  What?  Heck no.  I can't.  Oh, but I did.  They pushed me out of the car, and I walked into their apartment like a freak. What I didn't anticipate was asking him in front of ten boys. What the heck?  I started shaking in my boots, and belted out, "Will you go with me to our hall-date."  He was shocked.  I was shocked.  One of his friends did a fist pump in the air, "YES."  The other guys looked not so impressed. 

He was searching for words...I was searching for words.  Poor guy.  He said YES!  I forgot to tell him so many things...like the details of the whole adventure.  We all died laughing in the car.  I felt extremely empowered. 

I tried to not look for him the days following.  I prayed it wouldn't be awkward.  He walked up to me in the library, and it was perfect....oh the joys of being a college student.  

No comments:

Post a Comment