Saturday, February 23, 2013

I've been thinking a lot on the art of song writing.  How do they do it?  As I listen to Mumford and Sons I'm struck by my inability to create those beautiful lines of gold.  Again, how do they do it.  The meaning is so intrinsic and simplistic.  I want to write a song that makes people cry, tap their foot, laugh, and so many other things.  I wish just being an English major would give me the tools for this, but alas all it is is a title....

I want my passion for writing to grow as I grow older, and hopefully wiser.  I want my words to bring life and to seek truth.  I don't want to write only manufactured goods, and I want it to ring true.  What are the steps for these thoughts to prove successful?  More to come on theses thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment