Sunday, February 3, 2013

I'm currently taking a linguistics class where we are diving in to the most interesting world of speech.  Our professor told the class of this man who could speak 500 in a minute.  I guess if I tried quite hard I could master that--to bad it would  take more than a billion years.  Whenever I get excited or talkative I tend to slur my words as I hurriedly try to expound upon what I'm trying to say. 

I haven't watched the Youtube video yet, but I imagine that it is crazy strange.  I guess that was my random fact for the day?

Anyways, today was good. I have been scrambling to finish this annotative bibliography which is on Edmund Spenser's Faerie Queene.  Thank goodnes for JSTOR.  It is an English majors best friend when looking for solid info on a specific topic.  I'm stopping now to get on this journaling!

I'm now intrigued...what is a college students best friend?
1) Sweatpants
2) Small sized deodorant to keep locked away in one's backpack. 
3) Advil
4) A PC not a MAC.  They're overrated.  
5) JOSTOR
6) Salad
7) Pepto Bismal
8) Cover up for those dark circles you've never seen under your     eyes...EVER.
9) Some kind of hydration
10)Hugs

That's only scratching the surface....

One of the more meaningful things that I have come to cherish is time in an actual house.  I love the dorm life, but there's just something of a homey atmosphere that truly feeds my soul.  Maybe it's the hospitality, or the friendliness that a home usually exudes.  I guess it could also be the kitchen.  Homemade food is a gift.  I'm not complaining.  Our cafeteria isn't terrible, but a meal around a dining room table is the bees knees.  I'm still relishing in the afternoon I spent today in a home.  Makes me miss my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment