Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January days seem longer than usual.  Morning seems like it happened two January days ago.  So much can happy in a January day.  Even though the sun is quicker to set that doesn't seem to affect the feeling of a long day.  My days this semester already seem to have fallen into place which is scary.  Where has the time gone?  I'm a senior in college with my long January days defining my life and all that happens from morning till night.  

As I watched the rain fall today, I longed for the light.  Maybe these January days could feel shorter if it wasn't for the constant flow of water out of the sky.  I'm surely thankful for all the rain does for the earth, but to last for days on end my soul feels weary.  I guess I could say my soul is bit pruned. 

Many professors have commented on how they wished they had the material to build an ark.  My roommate commented just today that, "The rain was romantic six days ago, but not anymore." Ha!  There are times when  I absolutely long for rainy days.  Now all I can think about is waking up to the sun hitting my face.  Please God?

So, we're still into the first few weeks of school and the days are busy.  This will be the semester I'll write more than I've ever written before.  



No comments:

Post a Comment