Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I've lived a lot of life today.  I've sighed a big sigh, and I've breathed a deep breath.  My legs have walk a thousand steps, and have grown tired with the burdens I've carried along the way.  People have been everywhere my eyes have traveled.  Sad, happy, quizzical,jolly,uninterested, confused, and angry faces have passed by my own.  I wonder if they lived a lot of life today.  

On Wednesday evenings, I usually find my way to my church to help out with kids club. The church makes a fantastic lunch, and I fill my belly with my only home-cooked meal for the week.  Tonight we had spaghetti (which is my least favorite meal), and I ate everything.  Don't get me wrong.  My school has a fine cafeteria service, but there is something to be said about the sweet older ladies making the feast with their own hands just like my mama.  It is a blessing in my weeks here at college.  It also makes me thankful for my mom's own cooking.  She's the best.

One of the other things I've dedicated some time to this semester is spending more time in the gym.  I love the gym--which is a miracle.  The gym used to be viewed as a place of torture and despair.  I probably lost a few years of my life in that gym.  However, my love for the gym is authentic.  I actually want to go to the gym.  I actually want to sweat.  I actually get excited.  WOW.  A pig must have flew.  I think I'm up to a six pack...in my dreams.

That's all I have to say for this entry.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment